Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Taking great pictures for next to nothing


Taking great pictures is not about expensive equipment but how you use what you have. Case in point the two shots submitted here.


Both of them were done using my Nikon S8100 point and shoot with no flash. The lighting was the secret and how I set up the shot.

I used 2 neon bulb lamps. One on the desk to light the right side of the subject and one underneath to light the background. I pulled the desk a bit to allow the bottom light to do its thing.

I positioned my subject on a piece of glass directly on the desk. The light was diffused by putting a piece of paper under a Tupperware cover in front of it. The light was then bounced off on the other side by the white pizza box.


I put my camera on my trusty tripod, set the timer and click, great pictures.

Try it yourself.

Until next time, have fun and keep taking pictures.

Gerry  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment