Sunday, July 29, 2012

1953 Maserati 250F, a photo essay.

This 1953 Maserati 250F was at the Legends of racing week end at the Mont-Tremblant circuit in Quebec. Funny thing happened there, I asked what had to be done in order to be able to shoot over the wire. I observed a few photographers with orange vest inside the track perimeter and I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask how it would be possible to do the same. The answer I got was get a bigger and better camera while pointing at my G12 from a track official! Turns out that someone else with more brains told me you had to be registered media.

So I put away my G12, pulled out the most ordinary camera in my bag, a Nikon Coolpix S8100, found a small gap in the fence and shot this:



Never insult a man's gear! Anyways, I took some detail shots of the car with the G12 and my medium format 1939 Voigtlander Brillant. Enjoy.








Thanks for watching.

Gerry

No comments:

Post a Comment