Monday, November 14, 2011

My New Camera, 1940 JEM 120


I got lucky over the week end and picked up this beauty for $15. The 1940 JEM 120 manufactured by The J.E.Mergott Company takes 120 film which is still available and I happened to have an expired roll in the freezer.


The JEM is very simple to operate. It has 2 settings: "I" for instant and "T" for timed. The instant is 1/30th of a second according to some info on the web and timed is the same as bulb mode where the shutter stays open until you get your finger off the release button or crank arm in this case.

The camera's only settings
I read that this simple box camera made of tin is sometimes prone to light leaks. So I didn't take any chances and taped around the door with black hockey tape after loading it.


The camera has a set aperture which is around f/11 from what I've found out. I've taken some beauty shots after a good clean up and I'm in the process of using up the 8 available shots. I'll post them when I'm done.

That would be exposure #6

Thanks for watching.

Gerry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment