Saturday, November 12, 2011

Photographing Montreal Chinatown at night


Chinatown here in Montreal is small but very lively. I really feel like I'm in another country when I go there. I guess it's like traveling on the cheap and fast.

Restaurant Sai Gwan is a classic Mom and Pop operation.

I love the colors, the variety in the images and the fact that I can't make out what is written everywhere! The letters now become part of the decor when they have no meaning for you.

Up those stairs is the restaurant where my parents used to go when they were dating back in the early 60's
This is a perfect example for the rule of 3 in composition. For those wondering, an image should be divided in 3 horizontal sections and 3 vertical sections to please the eye. There are exceptions of course. :)

Hope you enjoy the images, thanks for watching.

Gerry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment