Thursday, November 10, 2011

My New Minolta Dimage Z1

3.2 MP Minolta Dimage Z1 $15 Value Village special

 Yes, a brand new in the box Minolta Dimage Z1. I know it's a dinosaur but it has full manual controls so I can play with it. The resolution is crap but decent and besides the price was right...$15.


A camera is a camera and it's never a bad thing to have a spare digital cam lying around. It has some great features like up to 30 second exposure so I can experiment more on night shots than I can with the Nikon and Minolta was very good at doing macro. Tomorrow's episode of Wolverine was shot with this camera btw.


I also love the challenge of taking good pictures with whatever I have. This is no different and my images will get better as I learn to use it. It won't be the best but who knows, "vintage" digital might become the next big thing. Right now I am so not mainstream that I could be considered for a hipster photo safari (If there is such a thing).


Thanks for watching.

Gerry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment