Saturday, January 7, 2012

I can process my own film!


My first attempt at processing film was a success! I was so excited to pull this off that I couldn't wait for the film to dry in order to digitize it. I pulled out the G12, set it on macro and put a white piece of cardboard behind the negative while it is still hung up to dry in the shower.


I inverted the color of the image in Gimp and here is the result. Not perfect but the negative was moving and my sole hand holding the camera was shacking with excitement! Can't wait to do the proper scan to see how well they turned out.


Processing film is not that hard and very rewarding. I smell a future post on this once I get the hang of it. The pictures were taken with my 1939 Voigtlander Brillant.


Thanks for watching.

Gerry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment