Friday, January 27, 2012

Light Painting with the Canon G12


Light painting is done with a light source and a long exposure. In the case of the 2 images here it was made possible with the help of a neutral density filter and a small LED light.


The neutral density filter permits long exposure in good light conditions because it blocks out a lot of light. Kind of like the glass from a welder's goggles. In this case it was a 10 second exposure and I passed the LED light behind the subject during 5 seconds. I also wore black sleeves and gloves since anything lighter will show in the end on the image. Of course, mounting the camera on a tripod is not an option here.

Canon G12 with adapter and neutral density filter
I'll be doing more later on with the G12 and my film cameras as I explore this fascinating technique even more.

Thanks for watching.

Gerry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment